“As bees gather honey, so we collect what is sweetest out of all things and build.” -Rainer Maria Rilke
Want a break and do something soothing for your soul and fun?!
We are now halfway through our Online Spiritual Whitespace Book Club — and we need to celebrate by doing a Paint Nite!!
Have you ever done a paint nite? I had never picked up a brush until during this past season of recovering from anxiety. I wanted to gather anything that was beautiful and sweet — as a way to refresh my soul and be a child with God again.
Something I’ve always wanted to do, but never had a chance to was paint. In junior high, we got to pick an elective, but I could only choose between Home Economics or Art. I had the hardest time choosing between the two. I’d walk by the Home Ec classroom and smell cinnamon baking and I always wanted make apple pie. So, my desire to bake something yummy won over my desire to make something beautiful! 🙂
But, I’ve always longed to try painting. Well, its funny how we make time for everything else in life, except for fun and creativity. It’s scary to do something new as an adult — especially being creative. I think, Who am I to think I could make anything beautiful? It’s the fear that maybe nothing beautiful would emerge, don’t you think?
Well, have no fear. We are going to do a Paint Nite together!
Seriously, Let’s Do This — You’re Invited! Free for you from my heart.
Enjoy some spiritual whitespace! Enjoy a paint night in your home with your friends!
Nurture your soul & connect with God through watercolor painting! No experience needed! It can be the first time you pick up a brush or you can be a seasoned artist.
If you are already hosting an in-person Book Club gathering: you guys are set!
Make your next Book Club Gathering — the week of 3/30 — a Paint Nite with your friends! Just watch today’s video to get supplies and preparation.
If you are following the #soulrestbook club online here on the blog or Facebook, this is what I’d like you to do:
INVITE one or more friends to your home to do a Paint Nite together the week of 3/30! Just watch today’s video to get supplies and preparation.
I’m super excited to do a virtual Paint Nite Video with my friend, art instructor Merrianne Young (she’s the Merrianne in “The Phone Call” chapter of my book Finding Spiritual Whitespace!) Merrianne is a graduate of Berkeley’s Fine Arts School and — guess what? She is a children’s art teacher! Perfect for us. You need ZERO experience to do this paint nite, so come on. Let’s paint nite together!
Spiritual Whitespace Paint Nite How To’s:
1) Invite one or more friends to your home to do a Paint Nite next week — week of 3/30/15. Choose the day and time that works for you.
2) Click here to watch today’s Paint Nite Prep Video to hear the the list of supplies & prep how to’s.
3) Purchase the supplies before your paint nite. For 5 people, the cost comes out to $3.50/person. pretty reasonable for a paint nite! paint nite’s cost $35 with a Groupon (optional: it’s $4.50/person to buy a frame to display your art. you can get $1 frames at the Dollar Store.)
3) Merrianne and I will post the actual Spiritual Whitespace Paint Nite Video on 3/30/15 Monday here at FaithBarista.com. Watch the Paint Nite Video with your friends on the day and time of your choosing. And we’ll Paint Nite virtually together!
4) Added Bonus for FaithBarista.com subscribers! Exclusive Soul Conversation Paint Nite Video! I get paid as a speaker to do a guided soul reflection, prayer and meditation with church and community groups. I’d like to offer a bonus paint-nite-version as a gift to you and your friends free.
Added Bonus: Soul Conversation Paint Nite Video!
As a gift for signing up here for the Bonus Video as a subscriber to Faith Barista, you’ll get access to a special password-protected Spiritual Whitespace Soul Conversation Video. You & your friends will watch this Bonus Soul Conversation Video the same night, right before you watch the Paint Nite Video. In this Soul Conversation Video, I will guide you and your friends into a time of reflection, prayer and meditation with God — which will inspire your painting time!
This event is part of the Online Spiritual Whitespace Book Club. Grab a copy of the book and join in.
I’m so excited! Are you?
“For we are God’s masterpiece.
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” eph 2:10
What do you think? Wanna do a paint nite?
Who can you share this encouragement and invitation with? thanks for spreading the word!
Pull up a chair. Click to comment.
I’m putting work & prep into doing this. So, I’d love to hear from you, sweet kindreds!